Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fun at Ringling Museum

On Monday, Samuel and I met some new friends at Ringling Museum. We brought my school ID and a pay stub and we got to see the mansion and the circus museums at a discounted rate. Educators can also print out a year pass from the Ringling Web Page for a free membership! The link is:

http://www.ringling.org/educational_programs2.asp?id=538

Ringling is so beautiful. When I am there I feel grounded. I feel like I have entered another era, and time does not exist. Each time we go, we enjoy a new exhibit, a new rose or a new picnic spot. In June, we went to the Ringling Art Galleries for a family outing. Diego was so happy to share the art with Nicholas. We saw paintings there just like Deigo's, in the modern art exhibit. Nicholas was amazed by the ancient artifacts and sculpture garden. Samuel loved the fountains. We all fell in love.

Diego and I were so enchanted that we thought we should renew our vows in the rose garden this April. We will both take off of work. I will wear a pretty white sundress and a corsage. And we will sit in the garden, profess our love, run away to the galleries, take beautiful walks, eat lunch in the pretty restaurant with a view of a fountain and be back in time to pick up the kids from school.

Then in 2 more years we'll pick another historic Sarasota landmark. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vida-

This blog looks great!!

Hope you are doing well!
:) Melissa