Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meanest Mommy Ever

Our House Rules

1. Be safe.
2. Listen.
3. Use your manners.
4. Clean up.
5. Be kind.


Last night Nicholas broke the "be safe" rule. He unbuckled Samuel from his high chair without grown-up permission, leaving Samuel sitting 3 feet above the ground without a seat belt. Diego saw it happen and ran across the room to get Samuel. Since "be safe" is a very important rule, Legos are in time-out until Saturday.

Losing Legos is a HUGE consequence. Tears flowed. This morning, I continued to hear, "...but I'm so bored. I don't know what else to do. This is going to be the longest and worst week of my life." I felt like I was teaching middle school again. Instead of pulling my hair out, I broke out the rainy day book. I found a "Dollar Quiz," from 365 TV Free Activities, and then we built a fort out of pillows, sheets and dining room chairs. Now Nick and Samuel are testing to see if their fort is "hurricane safe" by throwing things on the roof and watching them crash through. Maybe we will be able to survive without Legos.

"The couch is my playground now!"--Nicholas Brian Anthony

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Oh if everyone could have years of special ed experience before venturing into the world of parenting!